Love, White Marble, Noosa Gardens

Maris

Postby Maris » 09 Jul 2020, 10:15

Gelatin-silver photograph on Ilford VC FB photographic paper, image size 21.5cm X 16.3cm, from a 4x5 Kodak Tri-X negative (expired 08/2000)
exposed in a Tachihara 45GF field view camera fitted with a Nikkor-W 210mm f5.6 lens.
People?

Mick Fagan

Re: Love, White Marble, Noosa Gardens

Postby Mick Fagan » 10 Jul 2020, 18:19

Pretty good Maris, one cannot see that it is only a double bust sculpture with your tight framing.

One of my friends is into sculpture, he went gaga when that sculpture won some kind of prize. It is his style, which was why he was chuffed; also how I know about it down here.

You really couldn't do justice by using colour film, B&W is the best way to show this up.

I noted your film expiry date, quite fresh stock compared to some of my film stock.

Mick.

Maris

Re: Love, White Marble, Noosa Gardens

Postby Maris » 12 Jul 2020, 12:14

Thanks Mick. I was initially grabbed by the dark negative space enclosed by the two faces. See how easily and cheaply my eye is beguiled when I have a camera on a tripod and free (expired 08/2000) film in the holders.
Incidentally this ancient batch of Tri-X Pan Professional is down to an EI speed of about 100 and is running a heavy grey base + fog of about 0.5. Still useable if one is just funnin' around.

Return to “People”