Nude with Hat

Maris

Nude with Hat

Postby Maris » 18 Mar 2024, 11:34

Nude with Hat
Gelatin-silver photograph on Ilford VC FB photographic paper, image size 24.5cm X 19.6cm, from a 8x10 Kodak Tmax 400 negative
exposed in a Nagaoka double extension field view camera fitted with a Commercial Congo 360mm f6.3 lens.

People who would pose in front of a large view camera tend to be of an adventurous nature so climbing a tree is an obvious thing to do.

Mick Fagan

Re: Nude with Hat

Postby Mick Fagan » 19 Mar 2024, 13:05

Maris, the hat seemingly makes this better, not too sure why, but I feel it does. The tight framing also adds to the image, combined; they lift this ever so slightly.

The trim on the band of the hat is placed perfectly, intentionally or otherwise, it is another leaf to her cap!

Climbing trees to be photographed also has something to do with age, wouldn't get me too far up a tree these days. :o

Maris

Re: Nude with Hat

Postby Maris » 23 Mar 2024, 10:38

Thanks Mick for your observations.The hat tricked me up.
A person wearing a hat and standing on sunlit ground has some light kicked up towards their face that photographically usable. Not so in the shade of a tree.The hat had to come off to get more light on the model's face and she still came out marginally too dark. Parking the hat in the lower left corner of the frame was a bit of fortuitous composition.
Ok, I should have my double twist white reflector but it's a bear to use on a windy day. And sometimes it fights me when I try to get it back in the bag.

Return to “People”