Flooded Red Gums

Barry Kirsten

Flooded Red Gums

Postby Barry Kirsten » 06 May 2017, 15:28

Sorry I haven't been sharing much of late - unfortunately packing for a move (not a nice experience). Here is one I'd overlooked, a commercial scan from a few years ago lurking on my hard drive. A flooded red gum swamp in northern Victoria. 150mm Symmar convertible, yellow filter, Tachihara Field camera, Tmax 100 developed in D7 .

Flooded Red Gums (Coat's Swamp) web.jpg

Walter Glover

Re: Flooded Red Gums

Postby Walter Glover » 07 May 2017, 06:13

You snagged a cracker there Barry. Does this indicate that the darkroom is up and running? I still haven't unpacked the office after a year so well done you.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Barry Kirsten

Postby Barry Kirsten » 07 May 2017, 06:53

Hi Walter, I haven't got to that stage yet. In fact we haven't moved yet. I'm at the stage of deciding if I can part with anything from the darkroom to make the move easier... i.e., should I throw anything out - not equipment, of course, but old prints, bits and pieces I've picked up along the way and hung onto in case I might use them (but seldom do) - in other words, general clutter. This was a scan I had done which I saw on my computer and realised I hadn't ever printed it. This is a digital version with very limited tweaking in Lightroom. The move is planned for mid-June and will probably be to Melton area, near our two daughters. We're looking for a house with enough bedrooms so that we can each have our own office, and in my case, office and darkroom - and a double garage which I can use a half of as a workshop. The priority of course is the darkroom, a home for the lovely L1200s. Best wishes to you.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 07 May 2017, 07:03

Barry Kirsten wrote:should I throw anything out - not equipment, of course, but old prints, bits and pieces I've picked up along the way and hung onto in case I might use them (but seldom do)

If I may be so bold as to offer advice: Your paper shedder is your friend! No second chances with the decision to toss.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

alexgard

Postby alexgard » 09 Sep 2017, 00:39

Really nice composition and all tonal values handled in a unique and striking way. I have an enormous soft spot for trees and water and this one brings them together wonderfully.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

thoughtfactory

Postby thoughtfactory » 13 Sep 2017, 10:37

I agree with Alex Barry. Well handled.

Return to “Places”