First few rolls from my RealitySoSubtle 6x17 pinhole

alexgard

Re: First few rolls from my RealitySoSubtle 6x17 pinhole

Postby alexgard » 27 Jun 2017, 19:59

Barry Kirsten wrote:Have you considered b&w film? A lot cheaper than colour and no problem with finding someone to process it.

Cheers Barry. Yeah I have considered b/w film. I need to figure out what I've done with my patterson tanks and stuff. I have a feeling I may have thrown it all out. I do really like colour film though but c'est la vie. I'll see if I can dig out my old film stuff. Haven't dev'd any for a couple of years now.

Regarding the pinholes, I was surprised at how sharp they were particular the closer details like on that vertical rock shot. Camera shake seems to be the biggest problem.

smbooth wrote:I wonder how loading would be, it looks a torrid film path and it would be easy to fog the first frame I think.

On a couple of rolls I had very slight fogging on the edge of the first frame but on others I didn't, I guess it depends how bright it is where you're loading the camera.

You could enlarge a 6x12 negative on a 4x5 enlarger, couldn't you? 6x12 might be a little bit more of a friendlier format. I found a couple of times that when I checked the 'span' of my compositions that I was left with a lot of extra room. Nothing cropping can't fix but it is super wide. 6x12 would probably be more sensible.

I'm keen to try this format on more close up stuff.

Return to “Places”