The Heart Tree

Walter Glover

The Heart Tree

Postby Walter Glover » 29 Jan 2016, 13:50

Just a couple of blocks away from Point Light when it was in Glebe, I found this tree — actually directly across the road from the trompe l'oeil streetscape posted a day or so ago.

It is appropriate that the heart motif is captured on Agfa Pan APX 100 developed in Ordinal (1+100) ..... a combo very dear to my own heart.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Barry Kirsten

Re: The Heart Tree

Postby Barry Kirsten » 29 Jan 2016, 16:02

Gorgeous tones... and dare I say it from viewing on my laptop screen, acutance too.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 29 Jan 2016, 22:17

Barry Kirsten wrote:Gorgeous tones... and dare I say it from viewing on my laptop screen, acutance too.

Thanks Barry,

I was so passionate about the acutance of APX in dilute Rodinal with very minimal agitation. Sadly, not available for a long long time, although I dare say that there may be some who say the the same film and developer are available manufactured under license.

Agfa was always my primary choice right back to the days of Isopan IF — in fairness I only ever used that in roll film.
Walter Glover

Emanuel Kant

Lachlan717

Postby Lachlan717 » 30 Jan 2016, 07:28

Nice shot, Walt!

I particularly like the control of the highlights in the leaves in the background.

Thanks for sharing it.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 30 Jan 2016, 22:42

Nice to hear your views Lachlan. For me, a key element is the high value foliage behind. Almost a straight print - it is just the way that the APX rendered it. Can you gather that I miss that stock?
Walter Glover

Emanuel Kant

Return to “Things”