Weyba Bridge

Maris

Weyba Bridge

Postby Maris » 09 Jan 2017, 07:06

Weyba Bridge, number 5
Gelatin-silver photograph on Freestyle Private Reserve VC FB photographic paper, image size 19.5cm X 24.5cm, exposed in contact with an 8x10 Efke IR820 negative. Camera was a Tachihara 810HD 8x10 format triple extension field view camera fitted with a 121mm f8 Schneider Super Angulon lens and a IR680 filter.
Exposure was 2 minutes at f22 and the negative contains detail from the dark jungle at the front of the bridge all the way out to the boards glowing in the noon-day sunlight.

Walter Glover

Re: Weyba Bridge

Postby Walter Glover » 09 Jan 2017, 08:15

Quite enchanting, Maris,

But as a by-product of scrolling the forum on the screen i accidentally find that the image benefits in my eyes from cropping off some of the featureless (on the monitor) black at the bottom of frame .

Keep in mind that I merely make an observation and not an instruction or even suggestion.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Maris

Re: Weyba Bridge

Postby Maris » 09 Jan 2017, 16:43

Valid point Walter! The original full frame contact shows deep shadow detail when lying on my bench at a light level of 320 lux. But when I put it across my $49 Aldi flat bed scanner and process the file with my free student version of Photoshop 7 the "screen looker" isn't as nice. I could perhaps do better but this is digital and I'm short on skill and motivation.

Return to “Things”