Round Silo, Lake Cargellico

Mick Fagan

Round Silo, Lake Cargellico

Postby Mick Fagan » 12 Aug 2018, 17:34

We had spent a couple of nights camped alongside the lake and had walked through the town a couple of times, I turned a corner and saw the round silo; just had to take a picture.

I waited for one of the rushing clouds to hopefully darken the left hand background; more of as wish really, but it happened and as a bonus, the top centre of the silo roof had the super bright ring around the top pulled back a stop or two. One can sometimes be lucky.

Shen Hao HZX IIA 4x5" wooden folder, FP4+, Fujinon 65mm with centre filter 1/15 @ f/22

Mick.
Attachments
Round_Silo_Lake_Cargellico_004_web.jpg

Walter Glover

Re: Round Silo, Lake Cargellico

Postby Walter Glover » 14 Aug 2018, 07:58

What a find!!
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Maris

Postby Maris » 14 Aug 2018, 08:46

The 65mm + CF strikes again, and beautifully. Perfect simple composition with that excellent double wavy white line carrying the horizon line across the face of the silo.

Mick Fagan

Postby Mick Fagan » 14 Aug 2018, 14:55

Walter, yep it was a find indeed.

Maris, I agree with you about the wavy painted lines around the silo smack dead in the centre. This was cropped so that the painted lines were in the centre, more or less.

Agree, that centre graduated filter is just the bees knees. I really think that without that filter, my use of my 65mm lens would be severely curtailed.

By the way, in the foreground you can see the shadows of the three power lines, in amongst them, is a dead fox. :o

Mick.

Return to “Things”