Tennyson Uniting Church

Mick Fagan

Tennyson Uniting Church

Postby Mick Fagan » 08 Sep 2018, 20:56

This was a stop and drive back after driving past as we were looking for somewhere to camp; light was low.

Very rushed to get it before the light disappeared from the wall.

Shen Hao HZX-IIA 4x5" wooden folder, Fujinon 150 f/22 unrecorded but correct shutter speed, orange filter, Ilford FP4+

Mick.

110011_Tennyson_Uniting_Church_FP4_150_Orange_Filter_1-30_f22_004_web.jpg

Maris

Re: Tennyson Uniting Church

Postby Maris » 10 Sep 2018, 09:51

The evening shadow is already creeping up the wall so the light wasn't going to last much longer. This was a well timed "look at in passing and drive back". Most pictures of this venerable structure show the gap between the church and the hall to the left. This "unified" view makes for a more elegant composition, I reckon.

Mick Fagan

Re: Tennyson Uniting Church

Postby Mick Fagan » 10 Sep 2018, 15:43

Maris, I agree with you, which is why I chose to take it from this viewpoint. My first consideration was to ensure the water tank was in, then I wished to get the three windows on that wall in. My first consideration was the church, then I considered the hall, but didn't like either in isolation.

Moving to a more frontal position made the composition messy with the two buildings, moving back to the right side gave me a more pleasing overall motive to expose.

By the time I had fiddled and got this, my idea of doing the water tank was cactus as it was in partial shade. Plus, it didn't look right when done in isolation or with the three windows.

As a matter of interest, we ended up camping at Terrick Terrick National Park. :mrgreen:

Mick.

Return to “Things”