photokweon

Postby photokweon » 20 Jan 2019, 18:24

Last edited by photokweon on 15 Sep 2019, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

Maris

Re: Rose & Iris

Postby Maris » 22 Jan 2019, 14:43

I reckon I can see a nice use of a tilted focus plane that holds the flowers sharp and lets everything else go soft and softer. View cameras, well deployed, do this elegantly.

Mick Fagan

Re: Rose & Iris

Postby Mick Fagan » 29 Jan 2019, 15:12

This does look very nice, interesting film, I haven't used it. Is it something new, or something you've had for ages?

The grain structure in the window area, looks very much like a lithographic mezzanine screen ruling. I too, use a V800 for scanning negatives, but I have never seen a structure like that through anything I have scanned.

That said, my electronic photographic skills are quite rudimentary, I scan stuff, spot it, then give it the approximate contrast I would do in the darkroom. Other than cropping, that is it.

Your subject certainly stands out, with a very nice out of focus building behind; I like it. As Maris mentioned, one can sometimes do some way out of there focusing tricks with view cameras.

Always wished for a SINAR, could never justify the cost, nor could I ever find one available in this country that wasn't worked to death. Still, Industrial, Nature, Architectural, Reproduction = SINAR.

Mick.

Return to “Things”