Pressure Vessel, Charters Towers.

Maris

Pressure Vessel, Charters Towers.

Postby Maris » 02 Mar 2019, 09:46

Pressure Vessel, Charters Towers
Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa Classic VC FB photographic paper, image size 19.5cm X 24.4cm, from a 4x5 Kodak Tmax 400 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera fitted with a Voigtlander Heliar 21cm f4.5 lens.
I asked "Why is this thing in the middle of the lawn"? The caretaker at the Venus Battery outside Charters Towers explained that the vessel was made of very thick steel and was immensely heavy. Better to leave it where it is and just cut the grass around it. A pragmatic and picturesque result.

Mick Fagan

Re: Pressure Vessel, Charters Towers.

Postby Mick Fagan » 02 Mar 2019, 12:01

Quite interesting reply with regard to the mass of the pressure vessel and why it is where it is. Riveting stuff.

I'm assuming the pressure inside and out is constant at one atmosphere? :mrgreen:

I've always liked arriving at Charters Towers when coming from the west, wonderful verandahs in the main drag and some really wonderful places to eat after pretty much anything out west. Well, that was my take of Charters Towers around 35-40 years ago.

Nice positioning, arranged your position to make use of the direction of the light to give a 3D effect.

Mick.

Return to “Things”