Pillar of Power

Mick Fagan

Pillar of Power

Postby Mick Fagan » 19 Apr 2023, 15:35

Cruising through a light industrial area close to home over Easter, foraging for things to photograph without any vehicular impediment, when I spied this.

Shen Hao HZX45-IIA Ilford FP4+ D76 1:1 Fujinon f/6.3 250mm 23mm fall at f/6.3, no filter. A quite hurried exposure as rain was imminent, which seems to happen a lot these days.

230008_Monthly_Assignment_Pillar_Of_Power_FP4_Shen_Hao_250mm_23mm_Fall_No_Filter_1-30_f6-3_1425hr_003_Web.jpg

Maris

Re: Pillar of Power

Postby Maris » 24 Apr 2023, 12:05

An emerging icon of our times, the EV charge point.
Well seen Mick and well framed with the out-of-focus bush isolating the sign from background clutter.
I wonder if these things will become so ubiquitous that they pass beneath notice.
Or will they eventually become collectibles like those old glass-top petrol bowsers.

Mick Fagan

Re: Pillar of Power

Postby Mick Fagan » 24 Apr 2023, 13:11

Thanks Maris, I think in time these will be everywhere and we won't even notice them.

The 250mm was selected to give that out of focus rendering, enhanced by exposing wide open. I at first moved real close, but it didn't look right, pulling back gave a better view; at least I think it gave a better view.

Funnily enough, last week when passing through Moyhu in the main drag there is an old service station with glass on the side thingies of the bowsers, with their little inside the glass vane drive for measuring(?) fuel expended?

It was raining and dead flat lighting, otherwise I would have done something with it; next time.

Return to “Things”