Paperbark Trees, Lake Weyba

Maris

Paperbark Trees, Lake Weyba

Postby Maris » 14 Sep 2023, 13:02

Paper Bark Trees, Lake Weyba
Gelatin-silver photograph on Kodak Polymax Fine Art VC FB photographic paper, image size 24.7cm X 19.6cm,
from a Kodak TriX 8x10 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 121mm f8 lens.

I'm not sure if it is "paperbark" or two words "paper bark" for Melaleuca quinquenervia. In any case the extreme wide angle lens dramatises (exaggerates?) the forms nicely.

Mick Fagan

Re: Paperbark Trees, Lake Weyba

Postby Mick Fagan » 03 Oct 2023, 08:01

I'm assuming this is a contact print, if so, I really would like to see this in the flesh; it should be wonderful.

Not sure if you've held the corners a tiny bit, but the natural fall off in all the corners works very well here as it looks natural.

With regard to paperbark and paper bark. My understanding is that it is a paperbark tree; it's common name in Australia. However when referred to as a tea tree with the addition of paperbark in the name, then the norm is, "paper bark tea tree".

I would think both terms are correct, but of course the proper scientific name(s) are something else again.

Funny point, I'm glad you used a triple extension camera with an extreme wide angle lens. Nothing like a bit of bellows compression to com-pleat your day. :D

Return to “Things”