The future of the forum

Oscar
Site Admin

The future of the forum

Postby Oscar » 30 Mar 2024, 10:59

This forum has been going for quite a few years now, and I took it over from Alastair about 5 years ago when he moved overseas.

However, I need to trim some expenses, so I’ve decided I won’t renew hosting for this forum when it is due in September this year.

If someone would like to take it over I’m happy to transfer the domain name to them, and they can then migrate the forum to their own hosting.

Note that the forum software is (and has long been) quite out of date, and in a state where it’s pretty much impossible to “just” upgrade it, and I can’t spend the time to manually fix that. That’s something that any prospective new custodian would need to be aware of.

So at this stage, the forum will cease in September 2024. I’ll post another message closer to that date as a reminder. Feel free to message me directly if you are interested in taking over the forum, or with any related questions.

Thanks,
Oscar.

Mick Fagan

Re: The future of the forum

Postby Mick Fagan » 03 Apr 2024, 08:24

Oscar, I would like to thank you for the time you've given the forum to us; it's been a great ride.

Unfortunately I'm not tech savvy enough to take it on, and although it is a relatively small forum, it's been nice hanging out here.

Oscar
Site Admin

Re: The future of the forum

Postby Oscar » 03 Apr 2024, 19:15

Thanks Mick. I've enjoyed seeing the images posted by people such as yourself and found the discussions interesting.

There's still several months to run, hopefully someone will be able to take on the forum by then.

Return to “Community Chat”