I had shot 24 sheets of HP5+ of my American muse. I processed the first 12 sheets in two Mod54 inserts in a paterson tank.
When I was done loading the film into the tanks I opened up the Harrison tent forgetting all about the fact that the remaining 12 sheets had not been closed in the light tight double film box. Oh shit no! FOGGED!.
In the meantime, I was dissatisfied with the evenness of the processing in the Mod54s — I was using Diafine two-bath. So, now I set up my run of 1 gallon deep tanks. The deep tanks restrict me to processing at night because the room is not fully light tight — but hey, what the heck.
Well tonight was the test of the system using the fogged film because if I stuffed up it would not matter. Or so I thought.
The process went swimmingly and I just got through hanging the negs to dry. Only the top sheet of film is badly fogged. All the others are only fogged on the edges. And them, not even as far as all of the rebate. I got 11 out of 12 usable negs from the second batch. AND the development look a lot more even.
I am happy!
"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." —Robert Galassi