Vanbar Order C-41 taking forever

colin d

Vanbar Order C-41 taking forever

Postby colin d » 05 Aug 2015, 14:23

I noticed before posting this that another thread was started in March about the apparent demise of the Vanbar store in Sydney. To add to the theme, I've had on order from the Fitzroy store a 1ltr C-41 kit since Feb :shock: . Every time I ring they make excuses that it is held up somewhere internationally, I'm now starting to dream up conspiracy theories about this f#@!*ng ridiculous wait, and I doubt my theories are far off the mark now.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me with Vanbar?

Where else can I buy C-41 chemicals in Aust?

Cheers

Barry Kirsten

Re: Vanbar Order C-41 taking forever

Postby Barry Kirsten » 05 Aug 2015, 17:40

Commiserations, Colin. This is par for the course with Vanbar; the details are different, in my case 4x5 Efke film (which I subsequently bought from Freestyle), but the responses are the same, 'it's on the boat'. This sort of crap is unacceptable, and I'd like to say, 'un-Australian', but unfortunately it's an all too common Australian experience. I don't know where to buy C41 chemicals in Australia, but I wouldn't bother. Despite the lousy AU$ and postage costs, I'd buy from Freestyle or B&H, but check prices as there are differences.

analog

Postby analog » 11 Aug 2015, 00:52

Barry Kirsten wrote: I'd buy from Freestyle or B&H

I just tried to order from B&H and got:

"This chemical item is only available for in-Store pickup and can't be shipped"

:cry:

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 11 Aug 2015, 07:08

Try Freestyle Photographics. They seem a little more lax in what they will ship.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Barry Kirsten

Postby Barry Kirsten » 11 Aug 2015, 07:19

I agree, liquid chemistry can be a problem. There are rules in the US which affect what can be posted and air mailed. Another good source, which I haven't tried, is Photoimpex. http://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/system/? ... 1406275073 They have a fixed price freighting cost and don't seem to be restricted in what they can ship.

Return to “Community Chat”