Closing the blog

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Closing the blog

Postby Alastair Moore » 24 Apr 2017, 02:53

Hey all,

Sadly due to a lack of time, I'm closing the blog down - I put a few words here: https://thelargeformatblog.com/2017/04/ ... nd-goodbye - wanted to thank everyone for their contribution and support over the past four years.

I'll be keeping the forum up but looking to host it somewhere else and wondered if anyone might want to take over admin? It's a pretty easy job of just activating new accounts once or twice a fortnight and occasional software updates. Give me a shout if you're interested! My photography needs more attention paying to and I'm a member of a local darkroom here now so am planning to spend as much time there as possible!

Cheers all

Walter Glover

Re: Closing the blog

Postby Walter Glover » 24 Apr 2017, 08:46

Alastair,

So sad to learn of any vehicle promoting discussion about craft and art closing down, but I appreciate the difficulties you must face and it is my belief that you have applied yourself above and beyond the call of duty.

I think that I am still some sort of Admin from back at the dawn of time when we had big spam issues. I am more than happy to serve you and the community in any way that I can.

I'd possibly need a spot of mentoring regarding the technical issues.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

andrewch59

Postby andrewch59 » 25 Apr 2017, 07:57

As you said Walter it is sad to see anything promoting large format closing, I am surprised at the lack of interaction. I visited this site a week or so ago seeing it was the same few submitting material and wishing to add a bit of support. I had 65 viewings of a photo I put up, but only two responses, be it critique or praise I would have wished a little more interaction, but alas??
Surely not everyone is expert in all methods of large format photography or the alternate printing opportunities available? This is a prime opportunity to share skills and gain information.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 26 Apr 2017, 09:02

andrewch59 wrote:I had 65 viewings of a photo I put up, but only two responses, be it critique or praise I would have wished a little more interaction, but alas??

Andrew,

It could well be that I failed to comment — as a rule I stick my bib in — but I just went in search of your submissions and couldn't find them. Are they still on the board, or have you removed them. A link would be appreciated.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

andrewch59

Postby andrewch59 » 26 Apr 2017, 09:37

Hi walter, apologies if you thought so, but I am not pointing a finger, just find the lack of interaction frustrating. You have a wonderful reference utility here, there is lots of viewings but nobody's talking.

Return to “Community Chat”