Finding work as an assistant

jars121

Finding work as an assistant

Postby jars121 » 30 Jul 2012, 21:04

Good evening all!

Here's my story: I'm 22, in my 5th year of an Engineering/Commerce double degree at UNSW, and I've been shooting for close to 6 years now. I started off shooting on a Nikon F65D 35mm SLR, before moving over to digital. Since moving over to digital, I've moved back to film (for the majority of the work I do), primarily shooting an F5 and a Fuji G617. At the moment I'm only studying at uni for 1 day a week, thanks to some lucky timetabling of classes. I love this industry, and have done some assistant work in the past. Ideally I'd be able to find some paid assistant/studio manual labourer work for 2-3 days a week. How likely is this? Do these jobs even exist anymore? I'm hoping there are some seasoned pro's on this forum that can provide some insight!

Cheers,

Jamie

Ray Heath

Re: Finding work as an assistant

Postby Ray Heath » 21 Nov 2012, 19:42

I guess you'll just have to ask around Jamie.
Ray

Frank Meadow Sutcliffe's photographs are "a bridge that spans the widening gulf of time" (Michael Hiley 1979, 5).

jars121

Re: Finding work as an assistant

Postby jars121 » 21 Nov 2012, 21:24

Thanks for the input Ray :) Since posting this, my situation has changed somewhat. I'm now in a full-time engineering internship position, which doesn't leave much time for assisting I'm afraid! I'd still relish the opportunity if it presented itself though.

Return to “Community Chat”