Using shutterless barrel lenses

andrewch59

Re: Using shutterless barrel lenses

Postby andrewch59 » 10 May 2017, 13:01

Thankyou for the kind words, but that is just what you do? Anyways Barry, my wife posted it this morning, remember when opening there are four small screws and one pin, the pin just has to be replaced through the shutter leaf slit and into the corresponding hole on the other shutter leaf and made secure. Then reattach the plate with the big pin to go through the end of the piston, bit of a lube of the piston will help.
Bit of air hose and an old tennis ball for an air bulb and you should be in business

Barry Kirsten

Postby Barry Kirsten » 10 May 2017, 16:47

Thanks Andrew. I'm sure I'll get it together alright. In fact I have a pneumatic cable release which may do the job, and if that fails there is always the mercury sphygmomanometer (blood pressure machine - I'm a retired nurse) which I can gut for bulb and hose.

I must mention Walter's comment. He himself is a man who not only shares generously from his vast photographic knowledge, but also materially with equipment. I can vouch for that. He recognises generosity because that's his nature.

Barry Kirsten

Postby Barry Kirsten » 16 May 2017, 17:06

Packard arrived to day, picked it up when we went into town. Many thanks indeed, Andrew. I think this is the answer to my problem. I favour more than ever mounting it onto the big Linhof lens board as I mentioned above, and each lens on a smaller panel that fits over the Packard. That will have to wait until after the move, unfortunately, as there is much packing and cleaning to do. I can see how if goes together and I'm sure I'll be able to get it working. Many, many thanks again. I'll keep you posted.

Barry

Return to “Community Chat”