Arthere - photographic gallery/exhibition in Redfern

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Arthere - photographic gallery/exhibition in Redfern

Postby Alastair Moore » 30 Aug 2012, 14:26

I was out at lunchtime taking a photograph and was approached by this woman who complimented me on my camera. She asked what type it was ("large format film!", "I know that, is it a linhof?", "no, a wisner") and then she went on to tell me about a gallery that she is involved with that is opening up the road from where I work in Redfern and that they're doing an exhibition/opening on Saturday. The website for the gallery is http://arthere.com.au - although it's offline at the moment.

They're opening an exhibition space for photographers and as I say, they have an opening on Saturday for their current photographers. Thought it might be of interest to the Sydneysiders and as someone mentioned about a Brisbane exhibition, perhaps a Sydney exhibition might be worth considering? If nothing else, it's another photographic gallery that could be worth supporting.

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Arthere - photographic gallery/exhibition in Redfern

Postby Alastair Moore » 04 Sep 2012, 14:04

I had a look at this exhibition. One of the photographers, I enjoyed his work but the other didn't do much for me to be honest. They also had a video of what I assume to be stills that really did very little for me. But the exhibition space is great and it's great to see somewhere local (to me, anyway) promoting and exhibiting photographic work. If I ever get to a position I've got a project to share, I think I'll be in touch with them.

Return to “Community Chat”