Moments of enlightenment

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Moments of enlightenment

Postby Alastair Moore » 06 Sep 2012, 23:45

You know those occasions where you suddenly get that light bulb above your head and something just clicks? I've been having a few of those lately. It's great! The obvious makes its presence known and I feel like I can move forward a bit further.

I was reading an article in view camera magazine about metering with the Sekonic 558 meter (which applied to my 758 too) and I felt this moment of enlightenment.

Last weekend, I met up with a few photographers in the morning and afterwards met Walter. We had a great explore around Sydney, had a brief "altercation" (non-violent) with a group of people who thought we were up to no good with our big cameras but while we were out, Walter gave me lots of advice and I feel like I'm going to start seeing shots in a new way. There were a few occasions that day when I felt like things are starting to come together more for me.

So, am headed up to Scone this weekend and with a bit of luck, might capture some shots with my new way of thinking!

Walter Glover

Re: Moments of enlightenment

Postby Walter Glover » 07 Sep 2012, 06:32

Alastair,

Perhaps it is the grandest light bulb moment when you discover that it is not the kit in your bag but the kit on top of your shoulders that makes the difference.

Happy hunting in Scone.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Lachlan717

Postby Lachlan717 » 07 Sep 2012, 07:57

Alastair,

What are the basics of the "new way of thinking"?

Maris

Postby Maris » 07 Sep 2012, 10:44

Yes, c'mon and illuminate that enlightenment lightbulb. I've got my own lightbulb and a Sekonic 758 but anxiety is getting the better of me because yours could be the one I REALLY need!

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 07 Sep 2012, 13:07

Ha! Nothing that'll enlighten you guys! Just how I go about metering and composing my images I guess. Not much more than that, but to me it's very enlightening. To you, it's probably what you've been doing for years.

It was very educational watching a far, far more experienced photographer go about taking a shot and seeing how he worked.

Return to “Community Chat”