Warmtone

Re: New Member

Postby Warmtone » 04 Oct 2012, 21:24

smbooth wrote:Yes aware that Vanbar is supposed to be able to supply both chemicals, but unless somebody has order a heap of it I think you be waiting a while.

You are probably right, my order for 200gms of Pyrocatechin placed in August is yet to be completed......(!)
No wander Australian companies fail there is absolutely no interest in Customer Service.
It took a month for Vanbar to supply me with Sodium Carbonate in my previous order - totally unacceptable.

In the old days I used to order from the Photographer's Formulary in the US but since September 11th 2001 the world is anal about anything in the post stronger than Talcum powder
So now we cannot buy Pyro, Amidol , Glycin or any other desirable developer from the US from this company.

Perhaps this forum could consider a "Group Buy" of the above "esoteric" developers from Vanbar to make the quantities worthwhile?

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 05 Oct 2012, 08:36

It took a month for Vanbar to supply me with Sodium Carbonate in my previous order - totally unacceptable. Isn't that that Washing Soda from the supermarket.
Either way Goldstreet has some chemicals, although not Pyrocatechin or Polygallol

Warmtone

Postby Warmtone » 16 Oct 2012, 20:45

smbooth wrote:It took a month for Vanbar to supply me with Sodium Carbonate in my previous order - totally unacceptable. Isn't that that Washing Soda from the supermarket.
Either way Goldstreet has some chemicals, although not Pyrocatechin or Polygallol

Hi Shane I'm still waiting on the Pyrocatechol but Vanbar has fresh Pyro@ $34 for 100gms it came in last week so it's fresh.
B

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 17 Oct 2012, 11:19

thanks, I was just in there today, didn't think to ask but will tomorrow when I pick up some processed film.

Return to “Community Chat”