Well worn tripod holes

Walter Glover

Re: Well worn tripod holes

Postby Walter Glover » 03 Nov 2012, 11:26

I really question whether he actually was aware of the other photo at the time he shot. Having been there and shot something very similar myself I can assure you that the framing is pretty much what anybody would do. And being from not far away from there yourself, Alastair, you'd know that the weather depicted could be at any time - hard to find anything else, perhaps.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 04 Nov 2012, 08:06

"Too much" photoshopping? Where is the point that an image has had too much photoshopping? I say let them go to town or don't let them at all. "Too much" is far too vague.

Lachlan717

Postby Lachlan717 » 04 Nov 2012, 15:23

"Too much plagiarism" would be another good criteria to add.

Maris

Postby Maris » 05 Nov 2012, 09:48

Alastair Moore wrote:"Too much" photoshopping? Where is the point that an image has had too much photoshopping? I say let them go to town or don't let them at all. "Too much" is far too vague.

An excellent point: "Too much is too vague".
Everybody is entitled to an opinion but my personal rule for my own work is that there must be a one to one correspondence between points in the final photograph and points in the original subject matter. This criterion naturally follows for me as a consequence of using only light sensitive materials and guaranteeing no digital technology. But I inhabit a very small corner of the picture-making world which apparently embraces digital contrivance as routine practice.
Does the "one to one correspondence" rule work for digital? Or is "too much" determined when a judge's gag reflex kicks in?

Return to “Community Chat”