Looking for a small developing space

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a small developing space

Postby Alastair Moore » 30 Nov 2012, 10:42

Contact form actually works now!

This is exciting, really looking forward to having a proper space to do some enlarging and some more serious darkroom work!

L2obin

Postby L2obin » 30 Nov 2012, 20:29

Where about is the space?

jars121

Postby jars121 » 30 Nov 2012, 22:05

It's in Marrickville. We're looking for 1 or 2 more if you're interested!

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 01 Dec 2012, 06:20

I might be tempted to join the fray. I can process film at my place but printing is another matter.

I have two Durst L1200 enlargers — one with condensors and the other with the Ilford Multigrade head. The Ilford head requires some attention but I have not had it attended to since I have nowhere to set it up.

I seem to recall that I have a whole loit of other incidental darkroom stuff at a mate's place in Newcastle.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

jars121

Postby jars121 » 01 Dec 2012, 09:09

We'd love to have you Walter! My mate and I would like to set up a Jobo there for processing colour, but our primary aim with this space is to get into printing as well, so that could work out well. I'm going to get back to the land owner today to discuss pricing, and will send you and Alistair an email afterwards.

Geoff Roberts

Postby Geoff Roberts » 01 Dec 2012, 10:21

If there is space to set up for printing I may be interested. I am well set up for processing, but don't have enough space for a good printing area.

Maris

Postby Maris » 01 Dec 2012, 12:05

Point Light Gallery in Surry Hills, Sydney probably offers the biggest and best non-commercial darkroom in Australia. Enlargers range from Durst 8x10 down to Leitz 35mm. The darkroom is a focus of workshops, masterclasses, technical tuition (beginner to advanced), and possibly personal projects in fine monochrome photograph making. Check out the web-site or contact Gordon Undy the Director.
I'm represented by this gallery so allow for some mild conflict of interest.

jars121

Postby jars121 » 01 Dec 2012, 18:28

Geoff Roberts wrote:If there is space to set up for printing I may be interested. I am well set up for processing, but don't have enough space for a good printing area.

I'll send you a PM Geoff, and we can discuss. I can forward you the email I've received from the owner, including the pics.

Maris wrote:Point Light Gallery in Surry Hills, Sydney probably offers the biggest and best non-commercial darkroom in Australia. Enlargers range from Durst 8x10 down to Leitz 35mm. The darkroom is a focus of workshops, masterclasses, technical tuition (beginner to advanced), and possibly personal projects in fine monochrome photograph making. Check out the web-site or contact Gordon Undy the Director.
I'm represented by this gallery so allow for some mild conflict of interest.

I've heard good things about Point Light, but it's just too expensive (at least for me it is). The ongoing costs of this small place we're looking into will be very low, which is what attracted me to the idea in the first place.

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 01 Dec 2012, 21:03

It's probably fair to say that this space won't be set up for much initially but I don't think it'll take long to acquire enough gear to do what we'd all like to do. I did see a 4x5 enlarger on gumtree for $250 recently which I'm planning on making the guy an offer on, if it's still available. I've got enough trays to sink a ship and a lightbulb costs nothing to do contact printing Weston style!

L2obin

Postby L2obin » 01 Dec 2012, 22:17

Its a bit far from me and not the right time but its do damn tempting. What would be the joining fee?

Return to “Community Chat”