Looking for a small developing space

jars121

Re: Looking for a small developing space

Postby jars121 » 01 Dec 2012, 23:10

I'll email the owner of the property right now and discuss pricing, then we can look at 'membership' fees :D

jars121

Postby jars121 » 02 Dec 2012, 11:22

Ok so I've spoken to the owner, and he's looking for around $90/week including water and power. So far we have 3 confirmed, and several others (on here) that are interested. Given this, we'd be looking at around $20 each per week, assuming that a couple of the guys on here join up.

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 02 Dec 2012, 16:34

That's great news. $90/week even if it's just the three of us is do-able but hopefully one or two others will get involved :) Can't wait to start getting this set up!

jars121

Postby jars121 » 02 Dec 2012, 17:31

I know, I'm very happy with that! We've got a couple of interested people on here, but I haven't had any confirmation PM's as of yet. I'd like to get the ball rolling with finalising this in the next day or so, so I'd appreciate some replies.

jars121

Postby jars121 » 04 Dec 2012, 08:32

Just bumping this up guys. I've PMed a couple of you that showed interest, and am still waiting to hear back from one or two. I'm organising to meet with the owner this coming Saturday at 10am, which will be a good opportunity for us to have a look around and see if the place suits our needs. PM me on here if you're interested, and I can email you the pictures/details.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 04 Dec 2012, 09:07

Jamie,

Not that I am a particularly 'social' animal, but perhaps it might be an idea for us to include going for a cuppa somewhere nearby to get acquainted.

Just a thought.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

jars121

Postby jars121 » 04 Dec 2012, 09:11

Sounds good to me Walter. I don't know the area at all, but my friend's parents live just down the road, so he might know a nice spot to head to. I may ask Alistair to bring along his Toyo as well for me to check out, I'm still not sure on whether I want to invest in a field or view system...

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 04 Dec 2012, 10:00

jars121 wrote:Sounds good to me Walter. I don't know the area at all, but my friend's parents live just down the road, so he might know a nice spot to head to. I may ask Alistair to bring along his Toyo as well for me to check out, I'm still not sure on whether I want to invest in a field or view system...

I can do that and actually if you want a loan of a camera for a short while to see what you might like, I have a Cambo 4x5 monorail that isn't being used a lot (since I got my Toyo). I'd be happy to lend that to you for a few weeks if that'll help you make your decision? I'll bring a lens - I've got a 135mm Optar from a Crown Graphic I had briefly which isn't being used - and a film holder and you should be good.

jars121

Postby jars121 » 04 Dec 2012, 10:50

Alastair Moore wrote:
jars121 wrote:Sounds good to me Walter. I don't know the area at all, but my friend's parents live just down the road, so he might know a nice spot to head to. I may ask Alistair to bring along his Toyo as well for me to check out, I'm still not sure on whether I want to invest in a field or view system...

I can do that and actually if you want a loan of a camera for a short while to see what you might like, I have a Cambo 4x5 monorail that isn't being used a lot (since I got my Toyo). I'd be happy to lend that to you for a few weeks if that'll help you make your decision? I'll bring a lens - I've got a 135mm Optar from a Crown Graphic I had briefly which isn't being used - and a film holder and you should be good.

That would amazing, thanks Alistair!

Andrew Nichols

Postby Andrew Nichols » 12 Dec 2012, 20:18

If you only want one camera get a folding one. That way you have the choice of studio or location.

A studio camera is a general burden in the field. A folding camera does what it duz in the field in the studio .

Return to “Community Chat”