Looking for a small developing space

jars121

Looking for a small developing space

Postby jars121 » 27 Nov 2012, 18:56

Good evening everyone,

So, a particular microprocessor developer unit has taken my eye, and as such, I'd like to find a space to set her up. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for just yet, as I'm not sure what's possible. Ideally, I'd find a small commercial space, that I can share with other photographers, and we can all use the Jobo. I have no idea about finding such a commercial place though, considering that it'd probably be less than 20 metres square, with power and water.

Any thoughts?

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a small developing space

Postby Alastair Moore » 27 Nov 2012, 19:19

Count me in. I'd be very keen on getting involved. I know in Redfern there are a few workshop type areas with small rooms for rent. I'll look about and see if I can find where I saw them advertised.

jars121

Postby jars121 » 27 Nov 2012, 19:25

Mate, that would be perfect. Have a look around and let me know, I know another photographer that would probably be interested as well.

Geoff Roberts

Postby Geoff Roberts » 27 Nov 2012, 19:35

If it's the machine currently on ebay, beware as it's pretty tired. I inspected it, the pump made groaning sounds, it took well over an hour to hit 35 degrees and didn't seem to have the steam to make 38 for colour. It had obviously been fiddled with by someone without much of a clue as all the dials were on the wrong knobs.

jars121

Postby jars121 » 27 Nov 2012, 19:39

Geoff Roberts wrote:If it's the machine currently on ebay, beware as it's pretty tired. I inspected it, the pump made groaning sounds, it took well over an hour to hit 35 degrees and didn't seem to have the steam to make 38 for colour. It had obviously been fiddled with by someone without much of a clue as all the dials were on the wrong knobs.

That's upsetting :( I had planned on putting in some time to get it up and running, assuming I could find a place to store it. Do you think it is fixable?

Geoff Roberts

Postby Geoff Roberts » 27 Nov 2012, 19:44

That's upsetting I had planned on putting in some time to get it up and running, assuming I could find a place to store it. Do you think it is fixable?

I decided to pass as parts for these things can be expensive and hard to find. I figured it wouldn't take much to spend as much as a good unit would cost. It's a very early production model, serial around 10000 with the weaker motor.

jars121

Postby jars121 » 27 Nov 2012, 20:11

Geoff Roberts wrote:
That's upsetting I had planned on putting in some time to get it up and running, assuming I could find a place to store it. Do you think it is fixable?

I decided to pass as parts for these things can be expensive and hard to find. I figured it wouldn't take much to spend as much as a good unit would cost. It's a very early production model, serial around 10000 with the weaker motor.

Hmmm this is definitely food for thought. I've taken on projects like this for, sometimes they turn out for the best, other times not so. If I can find a place to store it, I'm happy to put a couple of hundred dollars and weeks worth of time into it.

jars121

Postby jars121 » 29 Nov 2012, 18:53

Just updating this thread. I may have found something! I've emailed Alistair to get his view, and we'll go from there.

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 29 Nov 2012, 20:42

jars121 wrote:Just updating this thread. I may have found something! I've emailed Alistair to get his view, and we'll go from there.

I've not had any email yet! :)

jars121

Postby jars121 » 30 Nov 2012, 05:33

Alastair Moore wrote:
jars121 wrote:Just updating this thread. I may have found something! I've emailed Alistair to get his view, and we'll go from there.

I've not had any email yet! :)

No? I used the contact form from your website, I wasn't sure if that was the best means for emailing you or not. I'll PM you here, and we can get discussing!

Return to “Community Chat”