Large Format Gathering

smbooth

Large Format Gathering

Postby smbooth » 12 Dec 2012, 16:25

I got a email (posted below)from Richard White, a Mansfield based LF photographer of note looking for interest in a mid year LF gathering.
If your interested just email Richard using - richard AT richardwhite.com.au expressing your interest.

Large Format Gathering - a no charge event

For some years now I have wanted to get those photographers who either do, or maybe are interested in, photographing with a large format camera. In fact I had the idea to run something the same year that Ellie Young from Gold Street Studios did. Just prior to it being announced we agreed to combine forces and let her take the mantle so to speak.

That gathering has been running quite successfully for a few years now. However I am proposing a mid term gathering for no charge in March in Beechworth, north East Victoria. It will only work if we get the numbers. All I need to know is how many would be interested and once I know that I will organize a venue to stay. The only charge will be your accommodation and the food you eat.

I am hoping to have it as an informal get together, where we can do photography, talk photography, look at photography, help those who maybe interested in large format and have a jolly good time. My proposed date is March 2 & 3 or even March 1,2 & 3 for those who may want to indulge a little longer. Please let me know if you are interested.

jars121

Re: Large Format Gathering

Postby jars121 » 12 Dec 2012, 18:07

That sounds awesome, but I'll be away :( That's definitely something I'd be interested in in the future though!

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 13 Dec 2012, 11:21

Brilliant. I'll email him. This is what I had in mind when I mention an event a little while ago and haven't had chance to do anything more with!

Geoff Roberts

Postby Geoff Roberts » 13 Dec 2012, 17:51

This would be good, the Gold St gathering seems to be booked out more than 12 months in advance, so I've never been.

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 14 Dec 2012, 12:48

Geoff Roberts wrote:This would be good, the Gold St gathering seems to be booked out more than 12 months in advance, so I've never been.

If you contact Ellie now you should get in.

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 17 Dec 2012, 08:00

I had a reply from Richard re the gathering. He's hoping to book the accommodation soon but needs numbers so if you're interested in going, probably best to email him soon.

Return to “Community Chat”