Large Format Group weekender - Beechworth

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Large Format Group weekender - Beechworth

Postby Alastair Moore » 01 Feb 2013, 10:46

Who's going? Did anyone else sign up for Richard White's weekend? In particular, anyone from NSW/ACT that might be going/driving? :)

Walter Glover

Re: Large Format Group weekender - Beechworth

Postby Walter Glover » 01 Feb 2013, 18:36

First I have heard of it I think.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 01 Feb 2013, 20:09

Walter Glover wrote:First I have heard of it I think.

Oh really? There was a post about it a little while back:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=552

I guess if you were interested it's probably not too late as his latest email said he was still waiting to hear from a couple of people. I'm most likely going to fly down.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 02 Feb 2013, 08:12

Oh yeah, I do recall it now. Doubt it is my cuppa, but probably quite good for you.

Perhaps you should arm yourself with business cards with the address of this board on them and tout for members.

I had planned a trip to the bush for today but my road buddy got reined in by his ball and chain, and now it looks like I am rained in. Oh well.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 02 Feb 2013, 08:25

Always good to meet up with better/more experienced photographers so I think it'll be a worthwhile weekend for me!

And yes, a bit grim outdoors so my plans to go for a shoot this afternoon have been scuppered.

Stupid Aussie summers!

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 11 Feb 2013, 14:41

Just putting this out here again!

Is anyone from around these parts going to the Beechworth weekend? I've got transport to Albury but there are no buses going to/from Albury to Beechworth when I need one :( Just wondering if anyone is passing by to give me a lift?

Cheers!

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 12 Feb 2013, 07:33

I'm coming up from Melbourne on Friday night, if nobody can get you from a more direct route then I'll pick you up if you want. Either that or fly to Melb (Tulla) and I can pick you up and return you there. Im not far from Airport. Just not sure of my timing on Friday night, my daughter is going for her licence and not sure if I'll be wiping away tears of disappointment or looking for somewhere to hide the car keys...

Cheers

Shane

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 12 Feb 2013, 12:54

smbooth wrote:I'm coming up from Melbourne on Friday night, if nobody can get you from a more direct route then I'll pick you up if you want. Either that or fly to Melb (Tulla) and I can pick you up and return you there. Im not far from Airport. Just not sure of my timing on Friday night, my daughter is going for her licence and not sure if I'll be wiping away tears of disappointment or looking for somewhere to hide the car keys...

Cheers

Shane

Hi Shane!

That would be amazing, thank you. I'll go look for flights and will pm you about this.

Thanks again!

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 01 Mar 2013, 11:57

So as a result of the ensued chaos at Sydney airport this morning, I arrived I'm Albury with my camera and film but no camera bag. I'm now lens, meter, tripod and everything else related-less. They did assure me it'll be on the next flight but it's annoying all the same. Anyway, cross fingers it turns up or I'm not going to be very happy.

Lachlan717

Postby Lachlan717 » 01 Mar 2013, 17:33

Alastair Moore wrote:So as a result of the ensued chaos at Sydney airport this morning, I arrived I'm Albury with my camera and film but no camera bag. I'm now lens, meter, tripod and everything else related-less. They did assure me it'll be on the next flight but it's annoying all the same. Anyway, cross fingers it turns up or I'm not going to be very happy.

Name names!! Who did you fly with? Q Link?

A flight that I took on Wednesday was 90 minutes late departing (Jetstar, Mel-Syd), and then the Dash 8 that I boarded at Syd shat its hydraulics, rendering it useless, meaning a replacement plane was needed (Q Link, Syd-Tam). Add another 90 minutes to the Tamworth flight. Luckily, the return flights were better.

I guess that I shouldn't complain. It beats digging ditches, and it certainly beat the situation the bloke I had to meet with was in...

Return to “Community Chat”