new studio and dark room soon

Andrew Nichols

new studio and dark room soon

Postby Andrew Nichols » 01 Apr 2014, 08:08

Hey folks, please excuse my hiatus. I have been working hard building a new photo studio and darkroom facility here in Leichhardt Sydney.

The project has defeated all obstacles (so far)and is on the downward path to completion, so just a heads up, for those interested.

also there is a large gallery space, so open for submissions. we will launch website soon, the gallery is going to be focused on contemporary art, installation etc but no reason we cant do photos, as long as its film and hand printed only. I like the idea of setting up an 'alternative' photo scene, wet plate etc...film even!

Andrew

Andrew Nichols

Re: new studio and dark room soon

Postby Andrew Nichols » 04 Apr 2014, 09:06

wow thats great andrew, i fully support your activities in making large format and film photography more accessible and popular by working your guts out to provide a network of not only darkroom and print room but also a gallery, wow you should get an ansell adams life time achievement award!!!
i mean really all i am doing is sitting around wondering how long film is going to last, and why i feel lonely as a LF photographer here in sydney, when your actually out there doing something; i wish there was more people like you putting there Kahunas on the line, i may not wish to hire the studio at this point in time but i sure do wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours.
let me know when you have a show and ill come along and drink all your free beer.

seriously guys and girls, if you want this forum and the whole LF scene to fire up you need to put some energy back into it, like a post with a little 'great stuff', or 'looking forward to opening', would suffice.

at the moment this forum is dead and sterile with only a few visitors, and it feels like a male urinal, where every one is so shy of there penis size they dont talk to there neighbor, there is a painful silence in the air.

so i am going to hang around a bit longer, as i want my darkroom to be a part of the LF film scene, and this forum seems to be it, but i can promise you this i wont be living in a weird and sterile environment

so be rude be nice be something,
a vacuum is repulsive

Lachlan717

Postby Lachlan717 » 04 Apr 2014, 17:19

It's your fault, AN; you should have built it in Melbourne, the cultural hub of Australia.

Ray Heath

Postby Ray Heath » 04 Apr 2014, 17:32

Lachlan717 wrote:It's your fault, AN; you should have built it in Melbourne, the cultural hub of Australia.

Hey what a minute. I was feeling humbled by "AN" and now our part of the world is being ragged on by cough, cough Mellborn.

We got culture, we got enfusiasm!

Sorry Andrew, your quite right, we are stagnant and it is our own fault.

What can I do to help you and our wider LF community?
Ray

Frank Meadow Sutcliffe's photographs are "a bridge that spans the widening gulf of time" (Michael Hiley 1979, 5).

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 04 Apr 2014, 19:09

Your right Andrew we need to activate this forum a bit more. It's good the your supporting the alternative photo scene up north, and I notice there is a similar movement happening in SA. Of course we have Goldstreet Studio here in Melbourne.

Andrew Nichols

Postby Andrew Nichols » 04 Apr 2014, 22:12

fanstastic response, i mean 'its alive' you kunna get betta than that.

Return to “Community Chat”