Ebay Advice

Walter Glover

Ebay Advice

Postby Walter Glover » 27 Mar 2013, 08:30

After being targeted by Ebay scammers on the weekend I received valuable advice from Ebay which I share with you here:

....... you also have the option to set up buyer requirements. About buyer requirements, you might choose to block buyers who have a negative feedback score, or whose postage address is in a country you don't post to. Keep in mind that setting buyer requirements, while helpful in reducing the chance of an unpaid item, may also limit the number of bidders or buyers for your listing.

To specify buyer requirements:

1. Click My eBay at the top of most pages. You may need to sign in.

2. Place your mouse pointer over the 'Account' tab, and then select 'Site Preferences.'

3. In the 'Selling Preferences' section, scroll down to 'Buyer requirements,' and then click the 'Show' link.

4. Click the 'Edit' link.

5. Select your buyer requirements, and then click the 'Submit' button.

You can also add buyer requirements just for a specific listing. Select your requirements on the listing form.

By following the above steps, it can also help you control who can bid or buy on your items.

I hope that this helps,
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Ebay Advice

Postby Alastair Moore » 27 Mar 2013, 10:33

Cheers for this Walter. And to add to that, scammers do hack accounts and use genuine accounts to bid/buy from eBay so be cautious!

Lachlan717

Re: Ebay Advice

Postby Lachlan717 » 27 Mar 2013, 14:59

I also select which countries I'll sell to.

Of course, you get the seemingly obligatory emails from charming chaps in China offering to BIN if you open up to selling there, but, quite frankly, bugger that. Just too open to fraud...

Return to “Community Chat”