Another new member intro...

Nathan Everett

Another new member intro...

Postby Nathan Everett » 12 Nov 2013, 16:06

Hi everyone,

My name is Nathan and I've finally gotten around to signing up after being put onto this forum a while back by Walter.

I was introduced to LF a few years ago at TAFE (Ultimo Sydney), and soon after started putting together my own kit. I think that the view camera appealed to me with it's simplicity, control and 'exactness' in a way which digital and other formats just can't match. That and the fact that i'm an engineer made it a perfect fit for me.

I currently own (and love!) a Shen Hao 45IIA, and use 75/4.5 and 135/5.6 lenses with it. I almost exclusively shoot landscapes and prefer to use B&W film over colour largely due to the cost per sheet and the fact that I can develop myself without having to pay a lab ridiculous prices to do it for me. I currently scan the negs but have lately been giving thought to setting up a small darkroom capable of printing to 16x20's. See how things go I suppose.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Ray Heath

Re: Another new member intro...

Postby Ray Heath » 12 Nov 2013, 17:24

G'day and Welcome Nathan

Post a few images, ask a question, start an argument, go on.
Ray

Frank Meadow Sutcliffe's photographs are "a bridge that spans the widening gulf of time" (Michael Hiley 1979, 5).

Marc Morel

Postby Marc Morel » 12 Nov 2013, 20:40

Hi Nathan & welcome from within the beautiful weather we are currently enjoying down in Melbourne!

Marc!

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 12 Nov 2013, 21:21

Hiya Nathan,

How's tricks?
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Nathan Everett

Postby Nathan Everett » 14 Nov 2013, 09:14

Things are good thanks Walter, I haven't been able to get out with the camera as much as I'd like of late but there's nothing new or unusual about that. I have every now and then had a few free days which has allowed me to pop down to the Riverina to look around, unfortunately all the negs from these trips are sitting in sleeves waiting for me to fix the problems with my scanning workflow. The bane of my life at the moment!

How've you been keeping? It'd be great to catch up over a coffee if you have some free time soon.

Sorry Marc, but I think we've stolen your nice weather and left you with cold drizzle!

Return to “Community Chat”