Thanks for bringing the site back

Walter Glover

Thanks for bringing the site back

Postby Walter Glover » 12 Aug 2014, 07:27

Not much ever happens here but what what DOES happen is often quite wonderful. When the site was down for a while I thought it may have gone and, with it, some fine companions.

If it is a matter of us paying to keep the site alive, I am sure many of us few would be happy to chip in.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Lachlan717

Re: Thanks for bringing the site back

Postby Lachlan717 » 12 Aug 2014, 08:43

I'd be happy to chip in.

Maris

Postby Maris » 12 Aug 2014, 15:52

The Forum is back! And most welcome it is. The large format photography community in Australia isn't large (but growing?) so a well frequented meeting place is crucial. Then there's the problem of geography. We're way spread out and the opportunity to meet in person is rather limited. The Forum is a worthy enterprise and I'm willing to help it keep going.

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 13 Aug 2014, 16:13

The forum went down ??

Glad its back, ive been exploring the facebook options but there so many and the information just get pushed aside. Forums like this are much better.

Warmtone

Postby Warmtone » 16 Aug 2014, 23:02

I'd also like to add my support to what others have posted.

This site is important to encourage Large format photography in Australia particularly for younger photographers seeking knowledge and inspiration.

I guess we all want to see it continue and I'm also happy to chip in financially to help fund the site.

Brian

Nathan Everett

Postby Nathan Everett » 17 Aug 2014, 16:27

Same goes for me, happy to chip in to keep things going if needed. It would be a real shame if the site went.

Marc Morel

Postby Marc Morel » 18 Aug 2014, 15:02

I agree with Shane - there's TOO much on Facebook and it's almost a full-time job to scan through it all... A static repository like this forum will always be more useful.

That said - I really must pop in more frequently - I hadn't realised it was down either :-)

Marc!

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 28 Aug 2014, 19:11

Apologies for the downtime! Sorry, I meant to pop over to the site and explain the downtime. Basically I was a plonker and changed the password for the database user and forgot to update the forum config. And then didn't realise until I got an email from David Tatnall.

Sorry!

I do intend to start using the forum more frequently, especially on my return back to Australia. Over the last 10 months or so since I've been away, it's been a bit tough as this has been my residence:

(The green boat, not the lock) and so internet has been mostly inaccessible! But I have been taking photographs and have been developing them on the boat!

Here's one I shot a little while ago which worked out pretty well (I think!)

Thank you for your offer of chipping in for the hosting but it won't be necessary - the hosting isn't expensive and I run a couple of other sites off it so that's not a problem but I really do appreciate the gesture! It wasn't financial reasons the site went down, it was reasons of dumb-assery!

Cheers,

Alastair

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 28 Aug 2014, 21:44

Great to hear from you Alastair,

That B&W is one of your finer shots IMHO. I take it that the lock is not on the Thames. I had a mate who was a cameraman at the BEEB and lived in a barge on the Tahmes (maybe near The Embankment if memory serves me well).
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Photomark

Postby Photomark » 30 Aug 2014, 09:40

I would be happy to chip in for the site cost , This may not be the most active forum out there but I would hate to loose it and the fact that this is an Australian forum is a sort of bonus and very much a rarity.

We all owe it to our selves to keep this site alive.

Return to “Community Chat”