Congratulations Maris

Walter Glover

Congratulations Maris

Postby Walter Glover » 31 Jul 2015, 19:01

For some reason we do not see much of Maris on the forum these days, but he has just had a portfolio published in on-line photography magazine f11

Here is the link:

http://www.f11magazine.com/current.html

Well deserved and well done mate,
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

smbooth

Re: Congratulations Maris

Postby smbooth » 03 Aug 2015, 11:30

Yes that read that, wonderful piece. Well done Maris.

Maris

Postby Maris » 04 Aug 2015, 09:51

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words. And you are right, I've been quiet but I plead photographic necessity:

Six weeks of blizzards, snow, and ice, in the high country with a 4x5 camera.
Days and days of darkroom work turning exposures into negatives.
The f11 thing; lots of text, lots of editing, lots of emails all done to a deadline.
Three weeks off with something like the 'flu.
Days with Gordon Undy, the director of Point Light Gallery, as he de-accessions the Maris collection. I've got all my physical photo stock back in handsome gallery cases. Meanwhile virtual pictures, er scans, still hunt for sales online.
Over one hundred negatives in the backlog while my partner has taken over the darkroom, enlargers, trays, sink, everything, for days. And fills it overnight with drying racks and her gelatin-silvers. This could go on for some time.

Here's a picture to decorate (?) some Community Chat:

Silver Gull Lake, Noosa
Gelatin-silver photograph on Ilford MG IV photographic paper, image size 19.5cm X 24.7cm, from a Kodak Tmax 400 8x10 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 121mm f8 lens.

RoganJosh

Postby RoganJosh » 04 Aug 2015, 13:03

It's nice to get a glimpse into your catalogue of work, Maris. I especially liked the Cook's Monument photo. Reminds me of Bill Brandt's work.

Return to “Community Chat”