Riverside Park, Noosaville.

Maris

Riverside Park, Noosaville.

Postby Maris » 13 Mar 2018, 15:02

Riverside Park, Noosaville
Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant III VC FB photographic paper, image size 19.5cm X 24.4cm, from a 8x10 Fomapan 200 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 121mm f8 lens.

Dappled shade is a difficult photographic subject, mostly highlights and shadows, few mid-tones, but the day's temperature was in the high thirties; too hot to photograph with a 8x10 camera in the raw sunlight. And there was a nice breeze off the river.

Bazz8

Re: Riverside Park, Noosaville.

Postby Bazz8 » 16 Mar 2018, 15:20

Maris I love foregrounds! I think it was intentual the couple of light patches and following through the shot,only to see the stern of the boat.
I like it :D

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 17 Mar 2018, 03:37

Crikey Maris,

How often have we all been there and even (sometimes) done that. Your pic is a crystal clear window into very fond memories.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Maris

Postby Maris » 18 Mar 2018, 09:09

Thanks Bazz8 and Walter Glover. That spotty foreground was the objective and some view camera "trickery" came in handy. The lens barely covers 8x10 so tilt the camera down (instead of using lens fall) and accept the trees will diverge at the top of the picture. No one notices? Then use back tilt to stretch the foreground towards the viewer. Another distortion that, er, no one notices. Finally keep the tripod feet out of the picture. They're just below the bottom edge.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 23 Mar 2018, 04:21

Maris,

I had actually noticed the image distortions that you mention but thought that rather than detracting from some renaissance perspective notion, they actually added a dynamic that added to the image.

Is it an age thing? But for a lot of stuff I find I am no longer as anal retentive as I once might have been about vertical camera backs. Of course, letting go of such notions actually out in the field is an other matter entirely.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

RoganJosh

Postby RoganJosh » 04 Apr 2018, 07:54

Nailed it.

Return to “Places”