A Giant Leap Forward

Walter Glover

A Giant Leap Forward

Postby Walter Glover » 01 Nov 2018, 12:22

Well, at long last I have set-up my scanner and got it functioning.

A significant improvement on the state of play over the last two and a half years!

Another change is that I have switched back to Ilfotec DD-X. I used it 18 years ago when it was new on the market and found it incredibly clean.

A road trip to the Southern Highlands and a bit of a test on some rather novel backlit sign posting of a property.

Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Maris

Re: A Giant Leap Forward

Postby Maris » 02 Nov 2018, 14:32

What a find! No worries, just put a battery in it and maybe a new diff and you'll have a fine little ute.
Actually, photography done cleanly shows things as they are: time, change, decay, renewal: confirmation of the grand cosmic cycle. Thanks Walter.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 03 Nov 2018, 05:00

Thanks Maris,

This is the product of a day out with a mate embroidering some photography around a nice luch somewhere — a day out.

As you might guess, my 'solo' motifs are another matter all together. Hopefully the engagement with the scanner will invigorate the solo aspects of my efforts.
Walter Glover

Emanuel Kant

Mick Fagan

Postby Mick Fagan » 03 Nov 2018, 14:51

That certainly has a windscreen.

Very nice to stumble across things like this, one alway hopes to get good lighting. If it had been raining, although the whole scene as such would usually be darker, the impact of the vehicle would be irresistible.

Very nice find, perhaps you may find the allure of your scanner compels you to do more film photography.

Mick.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 03 Nov 2018, 17:08

Thanks MIck,

The day I took down the shingle out front of my commercial photography operation I dumped all digital gear and have only ever used big yummy sheets of film. Not as bog as they once might have been, but 4x5 is plenty big enough for a gezzer with a walking stick.
Walter Glover

Emanuel Kant

Return to “Things”