Lady Carrington

gcowan

Lady Carrington

Postby gcowan » 15 Feb 2019, 13:42

This is my first post on this forum with my first shot from my Sinar F1. Well there were quite a few as a very flukey wind blew up I chose one as the first. I have used a Toyo 5x5 field camera in study but there is a lot of unfinished business to explore.

Regards
Graham Cowan
Attachments
Lady Carrington 4M Screen.jpg

Maris

Re: Lady Carrington

Postby Maris » 17 Feb 2019, 09:51

That's a fine forest scene made even better by the bold inclusion of the fan palm on the left hand side. The Sinar F1 isn't held to be an ideal field camera, supposedly awkward to pack and slow to set up but, gosh, you use it well. More, more pictures please.

Mick Fagan

Postby Mick Fagan » 18 Feb 2019, 12:26

Graham, welcome to the forum.

Nice first picture with a new to you camera, hopefully you have a box or carrying case for your camera; they can be a bit hard to tramp around with.

I agree with Maris, the palm in the front certainly gives this a lift.

Mick.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 21 Feb 2019, 18:36

Welcome aboard Graham, great to see some new blood with some fine work to share.

I habe probably shot more stuff on a Sinar than anything else, but age and challenged mobility have distated that these days I use a folding field camera. BUT my mantra for years has been that once you get it there, there is no finer instrument than a Sinar. I have reconsidered one as recently as just before Christmas.

You certaainly appear to have a handle on the craft. Looking forward to seeing more.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

gcowan

Postby gcowan » 24 Feb 2019, 20:47

Maris, Mick and Walter,
Thank you for your kind words.
I have to tell you that the day I posted this image I went out by car to shoot about 6 sheets of TMax 400 and 2 of Fuji Provia 100. When I got home to unload in the dark, I found that there was no film in any of the holders. Consequently I had to reload and go back again.
I have found more ways to get no result at all using these cameras, as I have not developed a stable systematic approach yet.
When I have this lot processed I will post something.
Graham

Return to “Places”