A Solstice Meditation

Discuss digital capture, processing and printing
Walter Glover

A Solstice Meditation

Postby Walter Glover » 21 Jun 2013, 08:19

Beyond the reach of LF but .....

This stunning video is one single real-time shot, with no manipulation whatsoever.  The camera was placed on a hillside over 2 kilometres from the Lookout point, and was shot with the equivalent of a 1300mm lens.  

The amount of planning, trial and error, and luck that went into this are mind blowing.  He has been trying to capture this for over a year with many failed attempts.  But this time it seems everything was on his side, and it all came together in a way even he couldn't have hoped.

It is hard to say enough good things about this video - from the magnitude of the visuals, to the intimate stories playing out with the people, to the sheer humbling nature of seeing the awe-inspiring reality of this giant rock in the sky that we so often don't stop to appreciate.

One thing I encourage you to do is watch this on the biggest screen you have - don't waste it on an iphone screen.

http://vimeo.com/58385453

Druids and mortals alike, enjoy ....

W
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: A Solstice Meditation

Postby Alastair Moore » 21 Jun 2013, 11:08

That was fantastic, thanks Walter! I know that lookout very well. I used to run, cycle and take my camera up there regularly when I was living in Wellington.

Return to “Digital”