Nude, White sunlight

Maris

Nude, White sunlight

Postby Maris » 14 Jun 2020, 12:07

Nude, White Sunlight
Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa VC FB photographic paper, image size 21.5cm X 16.3cm, from a 4x5 Kodak Tmax 100 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF field view camera fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 121mm f8 lens.

A contrived pose cribbed from Edward Weston. My hard working model managed it with aplomb. This one is from a while back but I've got plenty of time to scan from the archive while dodging the virus at home.

Mick Fagan

Re: Nude, White sunlight

Postby Mick Fagan » 17 Jun 2020, 18:29

Very nice pose, I see the function of the image, which follows the form of the subject.

I think you have succeeded quite well.

I have a question: were you standing on a ladder or something else to get viewing/focusing right? Either that, or you are very tall; I'm suppositioning here. :o

Mick.

Maris

Re: Nude, White sunlight

Postby Maris » 18 Jun 2020, 10:53

Thanks Mick for your kind critique.

"I have a question: were you standing on a ladder or something else to get viewing/focusing right? Either that, or you are very tall; I'm suppositioning here."
Definitely on tip-toe for this one while trying to keep the framing even, the tripod feet out of the picture, and no camera shadow intruding. Gave up trying to see depth of field on the ground glass and just focussed on the necklace clasp, stopped down and ... click 'n hope. The slightly wide 121mm lens helped.

Return to “People”