When 4x5 Magazine Covers Were A Reality

Walter Glover

When 4x5 Magazine Covers Were A Reality

Postby Walter Glover » 30 Oct 2021, 09:54

Lends rise in concert with swing to keep the recreational farm machinery sharp.

Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Mick Fagan

Re: When 4x5 Magazine Covers Were A Reality

Postby Mick Fagan » 01 Nov 2021, 13:03

Wonderful black edge lighting on her left jaw line, certainly makes her face pop; masterful.

The studs, oh my goodness! The boys in blue used to charge you for carrying an offensive weapon if you had these through belts or on a wristband. The going rate for the fine in the magistrates court, was 1 shilling per stud from memory if you were found guilty.

One enterprising lawyer submitted an appeal on the basis that the motorcycle the person was riding, had multiple studs on the leather flaps attached to the tractor type seat. As these were easily taken off they would by definition be classed as a weapon, would they not? Yet these so called weapons were never used by the police for an offense; why is this the case? They won the appeal and pretty much from then on, unless it was obviously intended to be a weapon, studs were never an issue. 1967/68 in the Albury court, I was there and it wasn't me on trial... :shock:

Walter Glover

Re: When 4x5 Magazine Covers Were A Reality

Postby Walter Glover » 01 Nov 2021, 19:42

Great yarn, Mick, thanks,

I always loved working in rhe studio and lighting was a passion. In an era of huge surface lights and scrims I think this was lit entirely by 8 or 9 snooted spots and one blue-gelled flood with barndoors fot the background roll.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Return to “People”