Campania

alexgard

Campania

Postby alexgard » 24 May 2016, 13:25

Been having a lot of troubles logging into the forums, as such I haven't come here in ages. Seems the site is down quite often?

Anyway, here is an 11x14 inch tintype. Loving the new larger format but of course larger means more work.

campania by alex gard, on Flickr

Lachlan717

Re: Campania

Postby Lachlan717 » 24 May 2016, 17:53

Saw this on LFPF and really liked it.

Somewhat moribund and lonely. Somewhat "Wizard of Oz" Kansas.

Well done!

Barry Kirsten

Postby Barry Kirsten » 25 May 2016, 07:51

Hi Alex, I see all your work on LFPF and enjoy it. You're certainly doing great work with wet plate, something I've never tried. I also particularly like your portrait of Jerzy on the antarctic ship. I'm surprised you've had difficulty logging on here. I visit this site twice a day and never have any trouble. Maybe a temporary glitch or two?

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 25 May 2016, 08:22

Your efforts were certainly well rewarded in this work, Alex.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

alexgard

Postby alexgard » 26 May 2016, 15:57

Barry Kirsten wrote:Hi Alex, I see all your work on LFPF and enjoy it. You're certainly doing great work with wet plate, something I've never tried. I also particularly like your portrait of Jerzy on the antarctic ship. I'm surprised you've had difficulty logging on here. I visit this site twice a day and never have any trouble. Maybe a temporary glitch or two?

Cheers Barry. Yes loving it and starting to find my mojo again after settling into the winter blues... the biggest obstacle now is just the weather and short daylight hours.

Yeah, I've had this problem since this whole new forum format was setup. Will regularly come here and it will just time out to an error page. Not just from this internet connection but others as well. Seems to be ok the last few days though.

Return to “Places”