Whites Beach, Byron Bay

RoganJosh

Whites Beach, Byron Bay

Postby RoganJosh » 18 Dec 2018, 13:19

Does anyone know what causes this? It was raining before taking this photo and the only other time i've seen this issue was in foggy conditions. Is it some sort of fungus growing on the film?

Super 23, 6x7 on t-max 400.

Mick Fagan

Re: Whites Beach, Byron Bay

Postby Mick Fagan » 18 Dec 2018, 15:59

Is it on the rebates, also, is it also in-between the frames?

Developing technique, what kind of tank. Are we looking at a negative scan, or a print scan?

To answer your question, I have not experienced this.

Mick.

RoganJosh

Postby RoganJosh » 18 Dec 2018, 20:18

No, not in-between frames/rebate as far as I can tell, they are totally clear.

Tank development in a film spiral.

Negative scan.

I didn't notice this any other frames but maybe it was just harder to see. As I said it was raining quite heavily before I took this shot and my camera bag did get quite damp. The only other time I've seen this was when my gear was subjected to heavy fog for prolonged periods.

Bazz8

Postby Bazz8 » 19 Dec 2018, 07:07

Mix up some fresh fixer and put 1/2 the sheet in for a couple of minutes,it looks like not enough washing
I used to use a yankee tank for washing and was caught out several time with the fixed becoming contaminated
hence the spots.
if you are developing on a reel the washing needs to be vigorous 'process of elimination
Now to the good part your print a real strong image I would love to see the top of the rock with minimal :D sky
Great Shot
Bazz

Bazz8

Postby Bazz8 » 19 Dec 2018, 07:11

I was looking at the fist image and there are small dots in the sky area,either scanner issues or fixer,
years ago on some 35mm film I took a set of shots of a once only opportunity to shoot a 'Fisherman's Hut'
did my developing and fixing did not wash properly and lost the lot.
Bazz8

RoganJosh

Postby RoganJosh » 19 Dec 2018, 20:56

Thanks for the info Bazz, my development technique has gotten pretty sloppy over the years, i'll be sure to double and triple wash in the future.

Return to “Places”