Lake Jindabyne, Drowned Trees

Maris

Postby Maris » 01 Mar 2021, 11:31

Gelatin-silver photograph on Ultrafine Silver Eagle VC FB photographic paper, image size 16.3cm X 21.3cm, from a 4x5 Arista EDU Ultra 400 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 75mm f5.6 lens and #25 red filter.

Lake Jindabyne experiences large variations in level depending on the spring snow-melt. The water captured in the lake is withheld from the Snowy River which is reduced to about 1% of its former flow.

Walter Glover

Re: Lake Jindabyne, Drowned Trees

Postby Walter Glover » 03 Mar 2021, 02:29

So good in so many ways, Maris. Any number of motifs here but combining them with scale and room to breathe is a masterstroke.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Maris

Postby Maris » 05 Mar 2021, 10:48

Thanks Walter. Beyond reliable control of equipment and materials I reckon nine tenths of photography is having the energy to recognise and pursue evocative subject matter. I was supposed to be mountain climbing on this day, sky looked bad, went to Jinbabyne instead, lucky choice.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 06 Mar 2021, 02:58

I recall lengthy illuminating discourses on this very matter by Minor White — with his ubiquitous twist of zen, of course.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Mick Fagan

Postby Mick Fagan » 02 Jun 2021, 09:51

I like this one, you must have been very grateful you cancelled that mountain climbing.

Really good use of a wide angle lens allowing you to get those wonderful cloud reflections, which are certainly better than the cloud image in the sky.

Mick.

Return to “Places”