STRATIFIED • SKY • SHIPS • SEA • SURF • SAND • SHELF • & • SLATS

Walter Glover

STRATIFIED • SKY • SHIPS • SEA • SURF • SAND • SHELF • & • SLATS

Postby Walter Glover » 26 Jun 2021, 16:13

NEWCASTLE, N.S.W. — 2007

A hazy recession of six freighters riding at anchor off Newcastle Hospital. Having made the effort to get from Bondi to Newcastle in time for first light to shoot the grounded Pasha Bulker, only to find it. gone. So my reward as compensation was a plethora of motifs simply by changing lenses and panning the tripod head.
It ever ceases to amaze that the most important bit of kit is just being there (anywhere) and being receptive to "What we'll be given" as Minor White's Zen daily mantra to his students proclaimed.

Sinar F2 ii 4x5, Nikon Nikkor-M 450mm 1:9
Kodak T-Max 100, T-max RS, Jobo ATL 2 Plus
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Maris

Re: STRATIFIED • SKY • SHIPS • SEA • SURF • SAND • SHELF • & • SLATS

Postby Maris » 29 Jun 2021, 11:43

The seashore can be the simplest scene; earth, water, air, and if you include the sun, then fire too. Or it can be loaded up with an entertaining complexity of textures and shapes like this beaut from Walter Glover. Something to see everywhere.

Those three blokes in the water best be careful. There's a deep rip just left of the central breaking wave.

Walter Glover

Re: STRATIFIED • SKY • SHIPS • SEA • SURF • SAND • SHELF • & • SLATS

Postby Walter Glover » 29 Jun 2021, 21:50

Thanks Maris,

Your comment brought a memory from way back on the back burner of my father and his mates as they'd approach the water for their daily 'dip' down at Bondi. It never mattered how gorgeous or curious the day was, all that ever caught their eye was "where the rip is".

Stratified design aside, what i like most is the modelling of the 8:00 am sunlight on the broken waves running at odd angles over the bank and rip.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Return to “Places”