Observatory Tower Library

Walter Glover

Observatory Tower Library

Postby Walter Glover » 11 Oct 2021, 23:41

The concierge will book the library for residents to have secure and private meetings or events with their guests in The Library should they prefer not to entertain in their own apartment. I have such facilities available to me at the Care Facility at a fraction of the cost now that the lockdown is (momentarily?) consigned to history.

From a photographic perspective, it is usual that the lighting design is as much a subject as the actual surfaces, finishes and furnishings so 'available light' is key, with consideration, of course, to timing given with regard to window light.

But lighting designs occasionally have a dead spot somewhere which is why it can be good to have a low wattage light available in the box of tricks. A little plastic blower-cooled movie-cam light on a floor stand bounced into a dark alcove brought out the silhouette of a largely decorative spiral stair at the rear right. (Dodging and burning before the darkroom.)

Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

RoganJosh

Re: Observatory Tower Library

Postby RoganJosh » 12 Oct 2021, 19:46

This is great, I love the warm colours and the portrait right in the centre.

Walter Glover

Re: Observatory Tower Library

Postby Walter Glover » 12 Oct 2021, 22:03

Thanks, the warm colours are quite comforting but all the wall covering in these communal spaces was padded velvet and so 2/3rds of the shooting time was taken up with going around with a suede brush smoothing the nap where every potential buyer (and their kids) had been compelled to write, swipe, or scribble their tag.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Return to “Places”