Nuccaleena Mine

Bazz8

Nuccaleena Mine

Postby Bazz8 » 07 Feb 2022, 17:12

scan0015.jpg

To get to the Mine was a walk down and up with sharp sticks and brush not to mention the stones
I used a simple granny trolly hard wheeled. does not look far but I was sweating when I got back.
Lens 270 G/Claren which I use for everything

Walter Glover

Re: Nuccaleena Mine

Postby Walter Glover » 08 Feb 2022, 06:40

What an absolute cracker Bazz,

Not just what you're displaying in the photograph, but also in the text. While I've been in this enforced isolation, amassing workable kit, and planning what will knowingly be my my last body of work I've been making notes of objectives. And the way it's as if you've been reading over my shoulder. Not that it goes as far as being a manifesto but it's a series of observations having been to all my negatives.

I've always been a fan of the G-Clarons, particularly on 10 x 8, with the 270 mm has a lovely drawing, as does John's 135 mm. I've got a little bit wider, as said in an earlier post got a 120 mm Apo Symmar. The unaccentuated rendering the same in glove with my love of a 19th century documentary feel. And of course, as much as I like your tighter framing, I'm crazy about context and the way it allows the viewer to find and fabricate their own stories.

I'm glad to see that the processing has been kind to you this time around.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

John Power

Re: Nuccaleena Mine

Postby John Power » 10 Feb 2022, 13:08

I've enjoyed looking at and reading about all of your recent images, Bazz. This one definitely looks way, waaay out there,
I like the highlights here in particular.

Return to “Places”