TMax 100 in Rodinal
Nikkor-W 150mm

Aboriginal Medical Service building in Redfern
TMax 100 in Rodinal
Schneider SA-90

smbooth

Re: Couple from Redfern

Postby smbooth » 11 Oct 2012, 11:22

Technically I think these are really well developed images with strong blacks and clean highlight. Don't get me wrong I like them as images too, just the image quality got me first. That forge would off been a force to be reckon with in its hayday.

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Couple from Redfern

Postby Alastair Moore » 11 Oct 2012, 12:53

smbooth wrote:Technically I think these are really well developed images with strong blacks and clean highlight. Don't get me wrong I like them as images too, just the image quality got me first. That forge would off been a force to be reckon with in its hayday.

Cheers Shane! I think I actually got a little bit lucky and when I took it out of the fixer and held it up to the light, I was thought "didn't expect that".

I was a little bit sloppy last night with my developing and used much less developer than I usually do - I usually use around 1.25l of developer/stop/fixer with my slosher in an 11x14" tray however, as I've been going through chemistry like it's going out of fashion recently, I thought I'd try less (1l) and when I tested it in daylight, there looked to be only enough developer to just about cover a dummy sheet so wasn't expecting a result of any description at the end.

But I think I've finally got my process sorted, just needs a little bit of polish and I'll be confident in getting a decent result every/almost every time.

Return to “Places”