Swing Bridge

Mick Fagan

Swing Bridge

Postby Mick Fagan » 12 Nov 2018, 19:06

This was in Portland Victoria at the edge of its CBD, so to speak.

Even had some ducks in, but they didn't line up.

Learnt a lesson with this, I tried the 65mm, but it was too wide at that angle. Probably would have been alright if I had been standing about 1m from the bank, in the water.

Shen Hao HZX45-IIA, Fujinon f/8 90mm, Ilford FP4+, 1/30 f22 1/3, no filter.

Mick.

180014_Swing_Bridge_Portland_90_Ilford_FP4+_No_Filter_F22_and_a_third_1-30_005_Web.jpg

Walter Glover

Re: Swing Bridge

Postby Walter Glover » 13 Nov 2018, 09:11

Nice one MIck,

I would not fret too much about how else a 65mm might have affected this: I feel that there is great value in the proportion and scale of the topography and so the purpose of this swing bridge. Just more of the same old, same old from me I guess with my preference fopr picture 'about' things rather than 'of' things.

And, of course, the salient point for me is to get out and do more shooting now that my work flow is re-established.

A lesson from my dad to his eager lad, quoting Galileo Galilei: "If the world is boring you, take more interest in it."
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Mick Fagan

Re: Swing Bridge

Postby Mick Fagan » 13 Nov 2018, 15:18

Thanks Walter.

About the same old tired stuff, maybe, maybe not. I find that I can get quite interested in something over small details. For instance, my rock picture at Bailey's Rocks, was inspired as I walked past and saw the framing. If it wasn't for the framing I would have kept on walking.

I did though think this was one for the 65mm, but it was not to be. These days I generally know what lens and within reason, what position I am going to shoot something with before I even set up; the day of the swing bridge was not one of them. :D

Mick.

Return to “Things”