Ledge with Arranged Boulders

Maris

Postby Maris » 01 Dec 2020, 12:39

Gelatin-silver photograph on Ilford VC FB photographic paper, image size 19.3cm X 24.7cm, from a 8x10 Kodak Tmax 400 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD field view camera fitted with a Fujinon-W 300mm f5.6 lens.

The ledge is high and the boulders large and well chosen. The unknown artist did not sign the work.

Walter Glover

Re: Ledge with Arranged Boulders

Postby Walter Glover » 05 Dec 2020, 04:20

Something refreshingly different that brings to mind Andy Goldsworthy. Was it a found motif, Maris, or part of a collaboration with one of your artist 'anonymous' friends. Even without the boulders I think the dark stone edifice is a worthy target on its own. I've long hankeered on a series of black-on-black, or white-on-white victims.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Maris

Postby Maris » 05 Dec 2020, 16:55

Walter, this was a found construction at Cook's Monument Bay where the surf-tumbled rocks are white but the encompassing cliffs are nearly black. Andy Goldsworthy would have been an esteemed perpetrator but I was actually thinking of Muqi Fachang's famous 13th century Chinese painting "Six Persimmons". Crib picture ideas from the best, I say.

Mick Fagan

Postby Mick Fagan » 12 Dec 2020, 16:55

Been away for a while, picked up a new computer and I couldn't get back into the sight......... :?

Meanwhile, they look pretty good, great contrast, and, stating the obvious, it is definitely a B&W image.

I wonder if the artist came from Kambalda, in Western Australia? :mrgreen:

Mick.

Return to “Things”