Snake Valley Church

Mick Fagan

Snake Valley Church

Postby Mick Fagan » 09 Oct 2022, 13:08

Been away for a while, we have done a bit of travelling in rural and outback areas. Unfortunately the laptop computer I travelled with didn't have the capability of getting into this website and as all communication was done via a tethered mobile phone on pre-paid, communication was kept to a minimum; working out how to get into this site was data hungry with what we had, so that was it for the duration.

Wasn't sure whether I was going to be able to do this as the weather had been quite inclement, to say the least. Fortunately a window of opportunity happened and I managed to get this. Nothing flash but it's really been a while since I had the time to fiddle with my 4x5" camera when the travel schedule allowed.

FP4+ D76 1:1
Fujinon 90mm f/8, 1/15 at f/22
20mm front rise with very slight front swing to bring the side wall into better focus.

220002_Snake_Gully_Church_Ilford_FP4_100_90mm_20mm_Rise_Slight_Front_Swing_F22_No_Filter_1348hrs_003_Web.jpg
Last edited by Mick Fagan on 12 Oct 2022, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

Maris

Re: Snake Gully Church

Postby Maris » 11 Oct 2022, 09:47

St Brigid's in Snake Valley is still looking good and someone mows the grass and keeps things tidy.
Good one again Mick Fagan.The elegant white on red brick decorative touches turn out so well on your FP4+; a delight to the eye.
Mick, you have a special talent for these scenes. Keep 'em coming, please.

Mick Fagan

Re: Snake Valley Church

Postby Mick Fagan » 12 Oct 2022, 08:33

Maris, you are too kind, it's little more than a record picture; albeit a reasonable one, if I do say so myself. :o

It was the white painted areas contrasting with the brickwork that first attracted me to this, and once the sun poked out, I could see that the angle of the light was what I hoped for.

Yes the church grounds grass had recently been cut, even though it was very squelchy underneath. I suspect a tractor running low air pressure in the tyres was required. The evening before we got bogged as we drove off the compacted dirt road to a possible campsite; it was in the dark due to a later than anticipated arrival time, otherwise we wouldn't have ventured off the track. Fortunately we were able to press a button to drop our tyre pressures, engage 4WD, then drive out. Others were not quite so lucky, however windy weather the next day dried up things enough so all got out before the next lot of rain came

Yes, Snake Valley, not Gully. I will need to amend my exposure note book. :roll:

Return to “Things”