Rolleiwide repair in Australia

Maris

Rolleiwide repair in Australia

Postby Maris » 12 Oct 2020, 12:49

A friend of mind has a new looking Rolleiwide with the 55mm lens that winds film and unfortunately also fires the shutter with each turn of the crank. I think I know what's wrong but dare not open such an expensive camera. Who would you recommend for a fix?

Walter Glover

Re: Rolleiwide repair in Australia

Postby Walter Glover » 14 Oct 2020, 05:14

Maris,
Please be patient. I am working on this for you but it's taking time to get phone ca;;s returned.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 14 Oct 2020, 16:09

Maris,
The collective wisdom is that all the local Rollei aficionados of our personal experience have joined Elvis in having left the building.
In view of the current value of any Rolleis, let alone Tele- or Wide variants, at anything up to $7,500, it would be foolhardy to risk disaster. On that basis I'd recommend S.K.Grimes" in the Excited States:
https://skgrimes.com/contact-us/
Alternatively there is a wonderfully Teutonic exploded view wall chart with item numbers from Franke & Heideke of Braunschweig on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Exploded-Di ... SwqUBcgZNw
Finest roll film system I ever had was an SL66 from 1970 to about 1983.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Maris

Postby Maris » 17 Oct 2020, 12:12

Thanks Walter for the leads and insights. I'll check them out. But I think you are right that a factory trained repair service backed by original spare parts won't turn up in Australia.

Return to “Resources”