Eastmon Digital books - They're crap.

Lachlan717

Eastmon Digital books - They're crap.

Postby Lachlan717 » 25 Jan 2013, 09:04

I have been looking at digital books (the ones where you upload images to a company who then prints and binds them for a coffee table book).

Recently, I ordered one from Eastmon Digital based on a sale email I received from them.

It turned up today, and it is shitful. I got my girlfriend a coffee mug for Christmas, and it, too was rubbish, but it was from a digital shot. I knew that the images I sent off for the book were very good quality, so I was appalled when I opened the package this morning. I immediately unsubscribed from their emails, leaving the following feedback as to why I was unsubscribing:

Because your products are crap. I have purchased a mug and a book. In both cases, you "dumbed down" the images: you added colour cast (I have a calibrated screen, so I know this to be true), you blew out highlights, contrast was lost and/or changed, the black backgrounds in the book were banded, image clarity and sharpness were lost. The book is actually of such a poor quality that I am too embarrassed to show it. So, please remove me from this mailing list as there is no way I will order from your Organisation again.

I'd recommend you give these jokers a miss.

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Eastmon Digital books - They're crap.

Postby Alastair Moore » 25 Jan 2013, 13:28

Haha! Didn't like them much then?

RoganJosh

Postby RoganJosh » 25 Jan 2013, 13:45

I've always wondered about the quality of these cheap digibook makers. Any chance you could upload a page lachlan? I understand if sharing is too much to bare, I imagine it would suck to see your images desicrated like that.

Lachlan717

Postby Lachlan717 » 25 Jan 2013, 16:18

RoganJosh wrote:I've always wondered about the quality of these cheap digibook makers. Any chance you could upload a page lachlan? I understand if sharing is too much to bare, I imagine it would suck to see your images desicrated like that.

I'm not too sure how this would go.

As I wrote to them the images simply look like crap.

I would think that the best way to describe the quality is to equate it to 3-in-1 scanner/printer/fax quality, when the image is printed onto regular (albeit thick) office paper (i.e. not photographic).

As you might well imagine, the image quality therefore has no way of being high quality.

Lachlan717

Postby Lachlan717 » 25 Jan 2013, 16:20

Alastair Moore wrote:Haha! Didn't like them much then?

They haven't got back to me yet.

Something like taking an Azarenka-style injury break before they get back to me, perhaps?

Andrew Nichols

Postby Andrew Nichols » 27 Jan 2013, 01:16

Maybe there a bunch of hipsters and thought they were improving things with an app filter "new York in the 60's"

Return to “Resources”